Helen Gelly, MD, FACCWS, FUHM, UHM/ABPM
Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Gelly has been involved in hyperbaric medicine and wound care since 1991. Past positions have included Medical Directorships at academic and community hyperbaric medicine and wound care programs. She started a non-hospital affiliated hyperbaric medicine center which was one of the first UHMS accredited centers. She has been actively involved in billing and reimbursement issues for both facilities and physicians. Until recently, she was the Medical Director of Hyperbaric Physicians of Georgia, a group of physicians dedicated to the practice of hyperbaric medicine and wound healing, with 5 subspecialty boarded physicians in its membership. In addition to lecturing nationally on hyperbaric medicine and wound healing for many years, she was the president of the Gulf Coast Chapter of the UHMS from 2005-2007. Currently, she serves as the Emeritus Medical Director of Hyperbaric Physicians of Georgia, and as C.E.O. for HyperbaRXs.
- Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine
- Internship/Residency: Pediatrics/Emergency Medicine at Emory University Affiliated Hospitals
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians
- Fellow of the American College of Certified Wound Specialists
- Subspecialty Certified Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Recipient of the UHMS Gulf Coast Chapter, Charles W. Shelling Award 2003, for contributions to clinical hyperbaric medicine.
- Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine: Attending Faculty, 1984-1998
Fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you shortly.